Friday, October 16, 2009

Review of Your Songs by Harry Connick, Jr.


In Harry Connick, Jr.'s new album "Your Songs", he sings covers of 14 pretty popular old songs, and I must admit that he has a great voice (I was never a huge fan of him before I listened to this CD)!



Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):
All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)


The songs on this CD are very relaxing, great for when you're having a cup of tea with some friends, or for an romantic evening with your significant other ;) 


Harry Connick, Jr. changes the songs around and makes them "his own" in a way. I enjoyed listening to his versions of them. The songs on "Your Songs" flow together quite beautifully and I would suggest this CD to my friends, because I think that most of them would like listening to something that brings back old memories, but is new at the same time.


*I received a copy of "Your Songs" from One2One Network to review, but my opinions are unbiased, and these are my own true feelings.

No comments:

Check out The Forum:
It's All About The Money!

Contact Me

Have any questions, comments, or suggestions? Just use this easy form below to send it to me!

Name:
Email Address:
Comments