Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gilette Venus & Olay Razor Review

Another awesome product from my Love VoxBox from Influenster that I was sent to try and review is the Venus & Olay Razor from Gillette. I have always loved the idea of a razor with shaving cream/gel/soap built in, but they're so expensive that I've only tried it once before.. In fact, so long ago that I can't even recall the brand or name! So you can imagine my excitement when I saw this new product in my VoxBox...


Gillette Venus & Olay

  • "Venus’ five-bladed razors shave you close and adjust to women’s curves for a smooth and comfortable shave, even over tricky shaving areas like knees and ankles."
  • "Olay Moisture Bars contain skin-enhancing elements found in Olay products: Petrolatum helps lock in skin’s moisture for less dryness and Glycerin helps offer that goddess glow! Just wet the razor to release a light lather – no separate shave cream required."
  • "As with most Venus razors, new Venus & Olay also features a rounded, pivoting head designed for women’s curves, and a soft-grip ergonomic handle for confident control, even in wet and soapy environment."
~ Influenster.com

I really like the design of this razor and the shower hook thing that they included with it! It sticks onto the wall of your shower so your razor can rest on there instead of taking up room elsewhere...very clever! I hate when I have to put mine on the corners of my bathtub because it gets too wet all the time and then starts getting moldy and gross. And as for how it actually shaves..Fantastic! My legs are soo smooth right now, thanks to this razor, and I love feeling them now. The moisture bars on the razors made my shaving experience very easy and enjoyable; they also smelled nice! I don't have to use a shaving cream with this since it makes everything very smooth already. 

With that said, this razor is pretty expensive, and even a replacement cartridge will cost ya $9-$11, YMMV, so I don't know... It is definitely one of the best razors I've ever tried, but I'm not sure if I will want to splurge on it after I'm done with my current one. Let's hope it lasts a long time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! I got the Venus ProSkin to try a while back and loved it, I'll be trying this one out asap!

Check out The Forum:
It's All About The Money!

Contact Me

Have any questions, comments, or suggestions? Just use this easy form below to send it to me!

Name:
Email Address:
Comments